Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Chicks & Flowers

My babies have arrived! I was so excited when the Post Office called me and let me know they were here. When I picked them up, they were chirping away. When I got them home, I carefully opened the box. I was so happy to see all the different colors. As I took each one out, I dipped their beaks into water. This helps them learn how to drink. As I was watching them, I noticed I was missing one. I ordered 11 but received 10! They left out one of my Easter Eggers.
Claire doesn't know what to think about these baby chicks. When she is outside, she loves to kill birds. I am trying to break her of this, but it's not going too well. I had a talk with Claire and let her know if she tries to kill my babies, she was in deep trouble.

This is the first year I tried flowers. They finally bloomed, but it took FOREVER. I think next year I will start them in a greenhouse or inside.


I am obsessed with taking pictures of flowers.....



This is another color of Cosmo. I had a few different colors....




No comments:

Post a Comment